FIXED Ladder Placement

Brosephine

Apprentice III
The Legend
Benefactor
Supporter
I believe there is an issue with ladder placement in keeps and castles. As you can see in the picture below, each of these ladders is placed where there is a low wall. Based on what I remember from OSI, it shouldn't matter whether it is a low wall or a slightly higher wall, a ladder should be able to be placed anywhere to gain access to the top levels.

1600532987515.png

But see the message I get when trying to place in a location where the wall is slightly higher:

1600533024826.png

1600533039825.png

I have no other proof for this being a bug other than what I remember from OSI (and that's been a minute). The coding for ladders may very well have changed. If someone with access to an OSI account could test this out and offer feedback, that would be really helpful!

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
what type of ladders are you trying to place? I'm doing castle ladders and its working fine.

OP
B

Brosephine

Apprentice III
The Legend
Benefactor
Supporter
Yes, in the above example I clicked the "West (Castle)" option and it does not work. I just tried again and got the same message... "You cannot build that there." Even moved the carpet and nearby items to make sure nothing was blocking it. No luck! :(

Melek Taus

Novice
Benefactor
Supporter
I have the same problem, and I can say from personal experience, it's pretty annoying HAVING to place ladders in only one spot where it blocks or is in the way of walking into another room.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
If they can only be placed that way on OSI then we probably have the same limits here.

OP
B

Brosephine

Apprentice III
The Legend
Benefactor
Supporter
If they can only be placed that way on OSI then we probably have the same limits here.

I'm confused by this post. I'm saying we don't seem to be able to place ladders just anywhere in a keep or castle on Heritage. I'm wondering if we should be able to. I think it's an error, but I don't have a way to test it. :(

Last edited:

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Fixed. These stairs use a bit of hackery, and uses tiles (you cant see) strategically placed along the stairs so you can walk up/down. The upper one, raise the z 1 tile and works now!

OP
B

Brosephine

Apprentice III
The Legend
Benefactor
Supporter
Fixed. These stairs use a bit of hackery, and uses tiles (you cant see) strategically placed along the stairs so you can walk up/down. The upper one, raise the z 1 tile and works now!

Cool!! Is it fixed but just needs to be implemented? I still can't do it.

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Uptime
11 hours
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
4,398,387,113gp